Friday, December 5, 2008

Benton , Arkansas




This is my cousin Carlene and her husband Jerry Brazil. Dad and I stayed in their guest house. This house was in the area that many Crawfords and Ragans livedin, out on Kirk Rd.
As a side note, Jerry trains Border Collies and does tremendously with them, amazing control that I have not seen outside of Northern England.









This is Aunt Monk, and no that is not her given name (Martha), but all I have ever known, she is 90, but still spry and remembering just how small I was the last time she had seen me, (8), what a difference 27 years make!
Aunt Monk seems to have been one of those amazing women that you read about, avid golfer, fisher, and such. Women golfers at all, let alone great ones were rare in her youth.
Sticking with strange names, she was married to Uncle Frosty. I have not yet heard why or where these nicknames came from.












The house that Aunt Monk lives in, is the house that she grew up in with her adopted parents, and that later she lived in with Frosty and the only house most of us young un's know for her.



Dad's parents Dave and Viola Crawford are in this Cemetary in Benton , we had already benn around Benton a little this morning, my seeing Benton High School and two of the houses that dad lived in after they left Bauxite.



No comments: