Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Guest Bathroom Remodel






Well, I guess I need to start getting projects out of the way and done; I've had the main tile for this project for over 2 years and the accent tiles for just under a year now. Sound familiar to anyone?
I told myself that I didn't want to start on it because of visitors, and that can drag on if you let it.
Tile up (in the box in background) and carpet up and out, getting pad and tack strips out.












The pipe wrench is there because the valve was not cooperating, and needed to be tightened to stop a slow flow of water.
The pad was not as easily persuaded to leave as I thought it would be and so it was back to a friend for a floor scraper (Thanks Don).
Tack strip didn't put up a big fight. If you believe that you are in shape, tear out a floor and clean with a scraper, it will work your whole body.


















The tack strip in the corners put up a little bit of a fight, but it just required a little more use of the pry bar.














Something else that must be fixed before tiling around the bowl area; the flange is set 90 degrees off, with the slot for the bolts at the front and rear, instead of at the sides.
Also for you DIYer's, the flange should be fastened so that it will be flush with the finished floor.












Perspective shot.

No comments: